04 August 2013

Yesterday at the Blue Gum started off... just a little bit silly! See what you think of this!

 It all started here with this sign arriving.

 More and more SCQuilters are branching out from Quilting and into Crochet, Knitting, Embroidery and even Tatting! 

Now when a certain person is silly enough to make a bold statement such as... 'I like crochet but I don't ever want to learn how to  do it.'   or...  'I will never sew another Hexagon!' 

This 'silly' person is just asking for trouble isn't she!!!

Yes she is!!

Now it just so happens that this 'silly' person celebrated a birthday a couple of weeks ago so there was an underground push to surprise this 'silly person'... and it was a great success!


 This 'silly' person received a pattern to CROCHET a set of Babushkas!   Then this same person received a Babushka bag which contained a packet of stick on hooks and a chain of woolen crochet and strict instructions to give the bag back and to stick the hooks on a window and thread the chain through the hooks.

Now this 'silly' person didn't know how to react!  It felt very very weird but after some encouragement from the author of the instructions this 'silly' person did as she was told!

When she arrived back to her seat the bag was back and inside was...  

 ... a beautiful little Crochet Babushka and a wooden peg...  with instructions to peg the Babushka onto the chain on the window...  and so the saga continued... The 'silly' person had no peace, every time she pegged a Babushka onto the chain and returned to her seat the bag was back with yet another Babushka in it


 Others at the Blue Gum wondered what the heck was going on and I was the last person able to tell them...


 This is the last bag full of Babushkas...

 Here is the aforementioned  'silly' person just loving her new Babushkas!

 And here are some of the Culprits who set up, what will be now called...

 'The Great Babushka Surprise'!!

Now I know for sure that Annie Schulling made these three little sweeties but as far as the others go I'm still trying to identify the makers...  


I returned home with strict instructions that each and every Babushka had to be named by David who is learning Russian.


 So my Babushkas have been named by David, without the help from Wiki!  So how did my husband  know 25 Russian Girls names I may well ask...

 Meet Anouska, she is a little bead.

 Here is Sasha, she is supposed to be a Pin Cushion... I don't think so, I could never push a pin in to Sasha!

Now... I have a suspicion that these were all made by the same Crocketer... they are all stuffed and backed!

 Were these made by the same person??


 And these... same person do you think??

 What about Luba, Bela and Olga... they all have the same green in them....???

 Tatyana? Maria? and Yulia?  Same maker????  They all have red lips....


 Elena and Sveta both have ribbons around their necks... Same Crocheter??

 Here you go Annie... Petrushka, Filomena and Ekaterina!  Very nicely named :-)

 Similar crochet... am I right?  are Natalya and Irena sisters?

 I think I've become a bit confused here... have I doubled up on naming these pretty little ladies??

Now if you do not know me, have not visited my home and are wondering why the heck these lovely people are Crocheting me Babushkas... See SOME of my Collection below... it is most of my collection but not all by far.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise Pennie - thanks for sharing it with us :-) (it must have taken ages to name, type names, organise, photograph, upload etc........ thanks :-))

:-) sue :-)

Anonymous said...

What a fun day it was Pennie. I am in awe of your collection!