07 July 2013

So at last we get to the Show and Tell. Most months the Show is pretty darn good but this month I reckon... it's especially good... enjoy!

 Annie's Jelly Roll quilt, one of those simple but stunning quilts.

 Here is Becky trying to tell us how simple this Sashiko panel was to make... it's only a panel she said, you just follow the lines she said, it's just like tracing she said, you just stick the needle in then stick it out she said, it's so easy she said... No one believed her because Becky has done a particularly excellent job of 'sticking her needle in and out'.  Becky says she will cut this panel up and put the blocks in a quilt for her mother.  Can't wait to see it Becky.

 Another stunning Jelly Roll - plus... quilt from Cath who also machine quilted it... you can't really see the quilting in this photo but it is excellent and really finishes off this quilt beautifully.

 Another fabulous quilt from Cath... I think this one is for her brother and the one above for another family member... lucky family.

 Wow!  Just look at this!  Claire was making these blocks last time she was at the Blue Gum but I just couldn't work out how they went together... I have to admit I'm still a bit in the dark but what a fabulous result!

 All finished... Irene's pretty little quilt for a friend's grand daughter, she's going to love it Irene.

 Wow!  Another stunner, this time from Jill who is wearing matching clothes to go with her quilt... this isn't the first time Jill has matched her clothes to her Show and Tell... do you always do this Jill?   I will have to make a note to check next month :-)


Don't the large borders of Kerry's quilt make your eye go straight to the lovely little blocks in the centre, lovely Kerry.

 Liz is so funky, she's always got some wonderful stitchery going on, I love this little one above and check out her truly Funky jumper below... we all wanted one like this!

 Just look at THIS!!!  I love it, love it... just LOVE it!  All those different patterns in the leaves and two seriously sweet little birds... Lynne you are a whiz! 

 A lovely child's quilt for someone, Marilyn isn't quite sure just yet.

  Don't these Batik fabrics look fantastic with the black, this is another of Rita's quilts for an Aussie Soldier... lucky man.

 Here is Rita's butterfly quilt for the daughter of the Soldier who wrote and thanked Rita (I mentioned this in an earlier post)   How lovely is Rita.  That little girl is going to just love this quilt Rita, so will the Soldier. 

 WOW!!!  Here is the quilt Ros was quilting in the Handwork photos... what a stunner and what a lucky son and new daughter in law... just beautiful Ros.

 Another stunner from Ros, this one Won a Prize in the Harden Show last year... Ros won all of $2.00!

 Another WOW... but it must be one very narrow bed for this quilt... I know, I know... it would have to be a table runner but I wasn't listening to what Ros was telling us as I was so stunned by the quilt... please explain Ros.

P.S.  From Ros...  the "runner" is actually a bed runner from a Keepsake Quilting pattern - it was a challenge I did with a member of the quilt group I belong to at Harden.  She did hers in pink and I did mine in blue/purple. 

 I held a guessing competition on this Blog last year sometime... it was something to do with Heather, my brain has gone into overload Ros... please explain... anyway I sent a pack of fabrics to Ros as her prize and here is the result! Well Done You!

P.S.  From Ros... The quilt from the pack of charm squares was from a competition you ran in July last year looking for a caption for "Why is Heather embarrassed" and I won a pack of charm squares.  This quilt will be donated to Can Assist to pass on to cancer patients in the Harden area.

Last Last Lucky Last is Selina... only because these photos are Alphabetical... Sel experimented with these blocks and said next time she would put in more solid fabrics, this one looks pretty darn good as it is Sel but I'll make my final judgement when I see the second one  :-)

That's all for this month friends! 

2 comments:

mammabeck said...

What a wonderful show! Was glad to read about everyone's show and tell because I couldn't hear what people were saying. Thanks Pennie you really capture the atmosphere of the gathering .

Pennie said...

Thanks Beck, I did get most of it but not all, I will fill in the gaps with I get them :-)